Transitions and Continuity Task Force
***Be on the Lookout for New Meeting Times and Dates***
We invite you to join the Stroke-ISIG Health and Wellness Task Force (https://acrm.org/acrm-communities/stroke/stroke-isig-task-forces/health-and-wellness-task-force/) and their new and ongoing projects.
The Transitions and Continuity Task Force is a transdisciplinary group with a goal to improve and impact transitions and continuity of care for individuals with stroke. This group aspires to empower these individuals to take ownership of their health care through education and clinical expertise and promote a transdisciplinary patient-centered model of care across the continuum to restore these individuals to their roles and decreased recurrent stroke and readmissions.
The task force is charged with increasing awareness of the importance of improving patient transitions of care and continuity of care, research ongoing best practices, develop recommendations/programming, and collaborate among transdisciplinary teams to track potential recurrent of stroke and readmissions. Specific goals to be established on the first task force meeting and may include:
- Advocate for stroke rehabilitation within ACRM and other relevant organizations
- Review and disseminate research information relevant to transitions and continuity of care
- Submit one conference proposal for the annual conference, fall 2019
- Update membership roster at least annually
- Facilitate communications and networking among task force members and other task forces/ISIGs to identify potential outcome measures for opportunities for collaborations
- Host a Virtual happy hour
- Submit one conference proposal for annual conference
- Recruit and increase membership
- Host a Virtual Happy Hour
- Facilitate communications and networking among task force members and other taskforces/ISIGs to identify potential outcome measures for opportunities for collaborations