Award for Excellence in Post-Acute Stroke Rehabilitation
CONGRATULATIONS 2020 RECIPIENT
Congratulations to Michelle L. Woodbury, PhD, OTR/L, the 2020 recipient of the ACRM/ASA Award for Excellence in Post-Acute Stroke Rehabilitation. This award lectureship is co-sponsored by ACRM and the American Stroke Association in recognition of outstanding clinical, intellectual, and service contributions in the area of stroke. Dr. Woodbury is an Associate Professor at the Medical University of South Carolina.
READ MORE >>
ACRM is dedicated to advancing post-acute care, advocacy, and scientific efforts for survivors of stroke and their families. This award recognizes a clinician or researcher (individual or group) (e.g., a care team, a research team, a clinical group) who has advanced the field through their scientific and/or clinical efforts in the area of post-acute stroke. The Awards Committee is especially interested in nominees whose work has directly affected clinical care and/or who have successfully translated research or pre-clinical models to successful clinical application. Representatives from the ACRM Stroke ISIG Executive Committee may nominate worthy candidates for this award.
- Nominee(s) are NOT required to be a current ACRM member.
- Nominee(s) must be actively engaged in ongoing research, service, and/or care in clinical stroke (i.e., patient-based).
- Nominees have made significant contributions in one or more areas of clinical care through scientific and/or patient care efforts.
- Nominations can only be made by the ACRM Stroke ISIG Executive Committee. Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The award recipient will make a presentation of their work during the ACRM Annual Conference. The presentation topic is of the award recipient’s choice, but should be related to the work for which the awardee is being recognized.
- Award plaque
Leora R. Cherney, PhD, BC-ANCDS, CCC-SLP
Pamela Duncan, PhD, PT, FAPTA, FAHA
John Chae, MD, presented the award lecture, Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for Hemiplegic Shoulder Pain on 29 October 2015 at the ACRM 92nd Annual Conference.