Awards Task Force
- Develop process for recognizing professional members for the NDNG Poster Awards and the NDNG and ACRM-wide Women in Rehabilitation Science Award.
- Increase task force membership
- Increase submissions for awards-nominations from membership
- Monitor NDNG membership for eligibility for ACRM Fellow status and develop an internal process for supporting these applications
- Within the ACRM structure, send letters/certificates of acknowledgement for committee leadership
To learn more about the role of this task force and opportunities to participate, please contact the Task Force Chair, Michele York.
Michele York, PhD, ABPP-CN
Baylor College of Medicine
In 2016, the Awards Task Force developed two NDNG Poster Awards, including:
- NDNG Early Career Poster Award
- NDNG Best Poster Award
The NDNG Poster Award recipients are selected each year by the Awards Task Force to promote and acknowledge excellence in rehabilitation research and scholarship. See past recipients >>
WOMEN IN ND REHABILITATION SCIENCE AWARD
In 2017, the Women in Neurodegenerative Diseases Rehabilitation Science Award was established. The award is given to acknowledge world-class rehabilitation research conducted by a female scientist in the rehabilitation research field of multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson’s, dementia, Alzheimer’s or related neurodegenerative disease. Learn More >>