Quick Tips for Caregivers: Aging in Place
Watch this informative video from NDNG members, Dr. Julie Faieta (right) interviewing occupational therapist, Dr. Diana Chen Wong to discuss the concepts surrounding aging in place.
ND Related Information/Education Pages (IEPs)
Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation >> ND Related Information/Education Pages (IEPs) >> These fact sheets are published in the ACRM journal, Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, as tear-out pages. They are designed to provide consumer-friendly information on topics relevant to rehabilitation medicine, including basic background or overview, or brief how-to suggestions. They are targeted toward people with disabilities, their caregivers, or clinicians and are designed to be torn out of the journal and and copied (or downloaded) for distribution.
- Coping With Caregiver Burnout When Caring for a Person With Neurodegenerative Disease: A Guide for Caregivers
- Physical Activity Recommendations for the Aging Brain: A Clinician-Patient Guide
- Decisions About Driving for Persons With Neurodegenerative Conditions
- What Is Mild Stroke?
- Brain Gaming: A User’s Product Guide for the Clinician
- Pseudobulbar Affect
- Memory and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cognitive Problems After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Emergency Preparedness for People With Disabilities
- Guide to Living With Aphasia
ND Related Organizations and Societies
- Alzheimer’s Association Information on Alzheimer’s disease and dementia symptoms, diagnosis, stages, treatment, care, support resources, research and grants.
- Alzheimer’s Foundation Information about care, caregiving resources, training and education for both consumers and professionals.
- Dementia Society of America Dementia education for all-dementia conditions, for the families and caregivers. Present a variety of resources and programs and have several educational resources about dementia.
- Brain Health Learn about brain health and how you can make the most of your brain as you age. This website is sponsored by the HHS ACL.
- NIA Health & Aging Offers a rich variety of research-based information and resources related to health and aging.
- International Parkinson and Movement Disorders Society
- Upcoming Courses & Conferences for ND
- International Association of Parkinsonism and Related Disorders
- American Academy of Neurology
- International Parkinson Network
- Northeast Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Consortium
- ParkinsonNet In ParkinsonNet, over 3,000 medical and allied health professionals are collaborating. They are supported by an enthusiastic team at the ParkinsonNet coordination centre at the Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre lead by the ParkinsonNet initiators, Prof. dr Bastiaan Bloem and Dr. Marten Munneke.ParkinsonNet is endorsed by professional healthcare organizations (e.g. for physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and neurology) and the Dutch Parkinson patient’s society.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS)
- MS Foundation
- MS Association of America
- HealthCare Journey