Integrative Cancer Rehabilitation Task Force
Integrative rehabilitation is an important and growing field. The Integrative Cancer Rehabilitation Task Force is committed to synthesizing and disseminating evidence-based best practices to navigate this heterogeneous field of medicine through collaboration and investigation from multiple disciplines.
To learn more about the work of this task force and how to contribute, please contact the task force chair.
Lauren Thomas, PsyD
Director of Rehabilitation Psychology
Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
- Review of NCI Databases
- Searching websites of NCI-accredited programs for integrative/complementary medicine representations and offerings
- Tabulating offerings and ease of navigation
- Appreciate Julie and Vish’s mentorship. Modeled on this CRNG- generated study: Most National Cancer Institute-Designated Cancer Center Websites Do Not Provide Survivors With Information About Cancer Rehabilitation Services
- Social Media Study on Survivorship
- Sites supporting survivorship
- Use of IM, what forms
- Educational Materials for Patients
- Scientific Poster presented at the ACRM 2018 Annual Conference:
Use of Integrative Medicine Techniques in Post-Operative and Chronic Pain Control After Breast Cancer Surgery
Tiffany Cheung and Diane Radford
- Symposium presented at the ACRM 2018 Annual Conference:
Applications of Integrative Medicine for Cancer Survivorship: Whole Person Rehabilitation
Tiffany Cheung; Diane Radford; Jen Hayter; Katy Cantera; Sophia Chan; Tim Marshall; Ariana Vora; Lauren Thomas
- Symposium presented in collaboration with the ACRM Complementary Integrative Rehabilitation Medicine Networking Group at the ACRM 2018 Annual Conference:
Traditional Asian Health Practices in Rehabilitation: Evidence Review, Experiential Session, and Discussion
Ariana Vora, MD; Sophia W. Chan, DPT, MAOM, Lic. Ac., ATC, MS-IV; Bridget S. Chin, MA, MD; Gloria Vergara-Diaz, MD
- Multi-track Symposium on Integrative Medicine for Chronic Pain Management: A Complementary/Integrative Perspective presented at the ACRM 2018 Annual Conference.