Pediatric & Adolescent Task Force
The Pediatric and Adolescent Task Force is comprised of multiple disciplines collaborating to improve the lives of youth with TBI and acquired brain injury. We currently have multiple projects in progress and sponsor the Mark Ylvisaker Memorial Pediatric Brain Injury Symposium, held annually at the ACRM conference.
The Task Force welcomes new members who are interested in pediatric acquired brain injury.
- Transition to Adulthood Working Group Systematic Review – Jaclyn Stephens, PhD
- Continuation of the Mark Ylvisaker Memorial Pediatric Symposium
- Build collaborations with Pediatric Networking Group and Pediatric Stroke Group
- Member-initiated projects and collaborations
- Mark Ylvisaker Memorial Symposium
- 2020 Speaker: Dr. Peter Meulenbroek, University of Kentucky
- Title: Using a Model for Well-being as a Framework for Client-Directed Goal Development in Adolescents with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mild TBI Task Force – Dr. Drew Nagele
- Family Working Group – Symposium at ACRM 2019 Conference – Jennifer Lundine, PhD
- Collaboration with the National Coalition on Children’s Brain Injury (NCCBI)
- Collaboration with the ACRM Pediatric Stroke Group
- Transition to Adulthood Working Group Systematic Review – Funding application to ACRM Evidence in Practice Committee – Jaclyn Stephens, PhD
YLVISAKER PEDIATRIC BRAIN INJURY SYMPOSIUM
About Mark Ylvisaker
Mark Ylvisaker was a pioneer in the field of pediatric brain injury whose work emphasized practical approaches in everyday activities with emphasis on collaborations. Mark passed away in 2009.
Jointly sponsored by the BI-ISIG Pediatric and Adolescent Task Force with support from the ACRM Pediatric Rehabilitation Networking Group, the annual Mark Ylvisaker Memorial Pediatric Brain Injury Symposium will continue Dr. Ylvisaker’s influence on the field of pediatric brain injury by focusing on the values he emulated.
MAKE A DONATION TO THE MEMORIAL LECTURE FUND
- DONATE BY CHECK made payable to ACRM. ADD: “Mark Ylvisaker Lecture Donation” in the note field.
- MAIL DONATION to ACRM at:
American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
P.O. Box 896700
Charlotte, NC 28289-6700
- DONATE ONLINE BY CREDIT CARD (A small credit card transaction fee will be deducted from the total.)
- Select: Mark Ylvisaker Lecture Donation
- Enter the amount of your donation and click “Donate Now”
- Continue through remaining screens to receive confirmation that your donation was received.
*For credit card payment, please ensure the billing address entered matches the billing address for the credit card account. Our security filters perform an address verification process and the payment will not go through if the billing addresses don’t match.