FACRM Nomination Procedure
FACRM Nomination Procedure
Here is a quick-reference of the required procedure. Full details follow below.
- Nominations must be submitted by 1 May for consideration
- All nominations must be submitted via the online Nominations Form
- All nominations must include three (3) endorsements submitted via the online Endorsements Form or PDF form.
- A full CV and bio-paragraph in PDF must accompany each submission and should be emailed to Terri Compos by 1 May.
To be considered for recognition as a Fellow of ACRM (FACRM), a person nominated for or applying for FACRM must meet all three of the following criteria:
- Be an active ACRM member for at least five (5) consecutive years and be a member in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Have an outstanding record of professional service to ACRM. Please note that regardless of how outstanding the nominee’s contributions to rehabilitation medicine may be, the nominee must also demonstrate an outstanding record of service to ACRM. This service should be sustained up until the time of nomination or have occurred within five (5) years prior to nomination. Note that serving as an ad hoc reviewer for the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, while highly valued, is not sufficient service to satisfy this requirement.
- Have a sustained record of at least five (5) years of outstanding contributions of national significance to medical rehabilitation in at least two (2) of the following areas: clinical practice, research, education, administration.
*Specific criteria for these requirements are provided in greater detail on the Nomination Form.
**Individuals who do not qualify for ACRM fellow, but have an outstanding record of professional service to ACRM, or have made significant contributions to medical rehabilitation, may be considered for ACRM Awards.
Qualified individuals may be nominated according to the following procedure. Nominators must submit all information requested on the appropriate forms as outlined below.
- NOMINATION FORM
A Nomination Form must be completed by an ACRM member in good standing (self-nominations are permitted).
- ENDORSEMENT FORM
Three persons other than the nominator must endorse the nomination and add comments in support of the nomination as they desire. At least one endorsement should come from an active ACRM member. Endorsements must be submitted on the Endorsement Form.
- Online Endorsement Form
- PDF Endorsement Form
If you cannot access the online form, you may download the PDF version and submit your completed form to Terri Compos.
*Please Note: Fields in the PDF form are restricted to 200 words.
*TIP: First, save the PDF form to your computer. Then open the saved form, type your responses and save it again.
- CURRICULUM VITAE & BIO
Submit the nominee's full curriculum vitae and a bio-paragraph (max 300 words) via email to Terri Compos. The bio should be suitable for publication and may be used to introduce selected fellows at the awards gala.
*Please Note: CV and bio-paragraphs should NOT be submitted via the nomination form.
All materials must be submitted by 1 May of the year in which the nominee is to be considered. Nominations that are not submitted on the Nomination Form and/or do not include three endorsements, a full CV, and a bio-paragraph will not be considered.