FACRM Nomination Procedure
Only ACRM members in good standing are permitted to submit a Fellows of ACRM nomination. Nominations must include the following information. Complete nomination submissions will be accepted from 1 March to 1 May. See full details below.
- Completed Nomination Form
- Three (3) endorsements submitted via the Endorsement Form
- A full CV and bio-paragraph should be compiled into one PDF and submitted via emailed to Terri Compos
To be considered for recognition as a Fellow of ACRM (FACRM), a person nominated for or applying for FACRM must meet all three of the following criteria:
- Be an active ACRM member for at least five (5) consecutive years and be a member in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Have an outstanding record of professional service to ACRM. Please note that regardless of how outstanding the nominee’s contributions to rehabilitation medicine may be, the nominee must also demonstrate an outstanding record of service to ACRM. This service should be sustained up until the time of nomination or have occurred within five (5) years prior to nomination. Note that serving as an ad hoc reviewer for the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, while highly valued, is not sufficient service to satisfy this requirement.
- Have a sustained record of at least five (5) years of outstanding contributions of national significance to medical rehabilitation in at least two (2) of the following areas: clinical practice, research, education, administration.
*Specific criteria for these requirements are provided in greater detail on the Nomination Form.
**Individuals who do not qualify for ACRM fellow, but have an outstanding record of professional service to ACRM, or have made significant contributions to medical rehabilitation, may be considered for ACRM Awards.
Qualified individuals may be nominated according to the following procedure. Nominators must submit all information requested on the appropriate forms as outlined below.
- NOMINATION FORM
A Nomination Form must be completed by an ACRM member in good standing. Self-nominations are permitted.
- ENDORSEMENT FORM
Three persons other than the nominator must endorse the nomination and add comments in support of the nomination as they desire. At least one endorsement should come from an active ACRM member. Endorsements must be submitted on the Endorsement Form.
- CURRICULUM VITAE & BIO
Submit the nominee’s full curriculum vitae and a bio-paragraph (max 300 words) via email to Terri Compos. The bio should be suitable for publication and may be used to introduce selected fellows at the awards gala. Please compile these documents into one PDF to submit.*Please Note: CV and bio-paragraphs should NOT be submitted via the nomination form.
All materials must be submitted by 1 May of the year in which the nominee is to be considered. Nominations that are not submitted on the Nomination Form and/or do not include three endorsements, a full CV, and a bio-paragraph will not be considered.