GALA 2018: Henry B. Betts Awards Dinner & Gala
TUESDAY 2 OCT // 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Pre-Gala cocktail hour & Post-Gala celebration: Open to all registrants
- Dinner & Gala itself = TICKETED EVENT is included in the WORLD PASS
Diamonds & Denim
The biggest and brightest night of the week — don’t miss this celebration of excellence in rehabilitation research… TEXAS style. Beginning with cocktails, dinner and awards presentations, raise a toast to recipients of prestigious ACRM awards — recognizing outstanding contributions to the field and service to ACRM. Then head for the dance floor and let the party begin…
ATTIRE: While this event is high in class + prestige, low on stress and stressing *CELEBRATION* ACRM-style, which is DOWN-TO-EARTH + FUN. Don’t forget your *bling*, your denim accents, cowboy boots, buckle, or your finest attire of any flavor — anything goes here. Oh and remember, this is BIG TEXAS style, so BIG hair counts, too.
6:00 – 7:00 PM: Pre-Gala Cocktail hour: Open to all registered attendees. Cash bar. All are welcome to mix and mingle
7:00 – 11:00 PM: The Henry B. Betts Awards Dinner & Gala is a plated / or buffet dinner — tickets required. Tickets are included in the WORLD PASS. Recipients of prestigious ACRM awards are celebrated — recognizing outstanding contributions to the field and service to ACRM.
9:00 – 11:00 PM: Post-Gala celebration: doors open FREE TO ALL registered attendees with DJ, dancing and cash bar as the celebration continues.
2018 ACRM Awards
Awards presented at the Gala:
Paul B Magnusson Award
GALA TABLE SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE
Sponsor a table front and center and receive the spotlight your institution’s team deserves. Make this a special night of recognition, connections, and celebration.
Contact Jenny Richard, jrichard@ACRM.org, +1.703.574.5845 for full details.
Who was Henry B. Betts, MD?
- ACRM President 1975-76
- Founding member of the Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Outstanding teacher, colleague, mentor, friend
- His teachings and ideas are the gold standard in rehabilitation
- Princeton and University of Virginia Educated Physician
- Director of Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC)
- Created a holistic environment for care; rehabilitation team
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Understood the role of education in ensuring quality of care
- Strong supporter of independent living movement
- Instrumental in passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990
- Dr. Betts did all of this as a physician, educator, leader, and caring citizen
Amplify your research! SUBMIT NOW for #ACRM2018 >>
ACRM Annual Conference | Progress in Rehabilitation Research
CORE: 30 SEPT – 3 OCT 2018 // Hilton Anatole, DALLAS, USA // PRE-CONFERENCE: 28 – 30 SEPT