2019 Program Information Coming Soon…
Call for proposals is currently open >
Check out 2018 information below!
PRESENTERS! IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE
Register through the LINK in your presenters’ emails (from speakers@ACRM.org)
|KEY ACTIONS & DEADLINES
BOOK YOUR ROOM
DISTRIBUTION OF PRESENTATIONS
POSTER SET-UP & TAKE DOWN
PROMOTE YOUR SESSION
THANK YOU for submitting a proposal to present your research at the ACRM 2018 Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research. The Program Committee is delighted to welcome you to the conference faculty.
Please bookmark this page and check back frequently for presenter updates, deadline reminders and more. We aim to keep you informed and supported to ensure the best presenter experience possible. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please contact speakers@ACRM.org.
Key Actions & Deadlines
NOW: Register for the Conference
- To ensure you receive your applicable Presenter discount, register ONLY via the Presenter Registration link (included in all presenter communications) or contact speakers@ACRM.org to request the link.
NOW: Book your Room at the Headquarters Hilton
- The ACRM discounted room block will sell out and government rate rooms are going fast. Please don’t delay. Book here.
- 31 JUL: Acceptance/Decline Notifications Due
Notification of proposal acceptance or decline is due to submitters of Late-Breaking Research poster proposals.
- 1 AUG: Paper & Poster Presenters Registration Deadline
All abstracts of papers and posters accepted on or before 31 May for presentation at the 2018 Conference are eligible for publication in the October online issue of the ACRM journal, Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. To qualify, poster presenters must register for the conference by 1 August.
- 17 AUG: Poster File Upload Deadline (PDF or PPT slide of poster)
This deadline is for poster presenters who wish to be considered for ACRM poster awards.
- 1 SEP: Late-Breaking Research Poster Presenter Registration Deadline
All abstracts of posters accepted on 25 July for presentation at the 2018 Conference are eligible for publication in the December online issue of the ACRM journal, Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. To qualify, Late-Breaking Research poster presenters must register for the conference by 1 September.
- 7 SEP: Final Presentation (PPT or PDF) upload deadline
This deadline is for instructional courses, symposia, and oral presentations. Presentations not received by this deadline will not be pre-loaded onto ACRM laptops in classrooms. Presenters are encouraged to bring a backup of their presentation on a thumb drive.
- 14 SEP: Final Poster File Upload Deadline (PDF or PPT slide of poster) for all poster presenters.
Book Your Room
The ACRM hotel room block will sell out. Book early and enjoy the convenience and savings of staying at the conference headquarters hotel.
BOOK NOW or by calling +1-800-955-4281 or +1-214-748-1200 with discount code: ACM
*(2AC for government room block)
Q: What is the deadline for uploading Symposia and Instructional Course Presentations?
A: 7 September
Q: What is the deadline for uploading Poster Presentations?
A: To be considered for poster awards, poster files must be submitted by 17 August. Otherwise, the final deadline is 14 September.
Q: How do I upload my presentation?
A: Log into the Presenter Portal or Poster Portal using the access key you used to upload your submission. Click on the “Upload Presentation” task and an upload feature will appear. You can upload in PDF or PPT format.
Q: Can I have an extension for uploading my poster presentation?
A: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension.
The lead presenter is responsible for collecting and compiling slides from each presenter and compiling them into one final presentation file (PPT or PDF) for upload to the Presenter Portal. ACRM staff will preload presentations each day onto ACRM laptops for your use in the classrooms. This file should include one set of CE Compliance Slides which details conflict of interest disclosures for each of the participating presenters. Non-presenting authors are not required to submit disclosures.
The presentation file will be reviewed to verify that:
- All required CE Compliance Slides are included
- The content is suitable for our interdisciplinary audience
- The presentation is free of commercial content
- The presentation generally matches up with the learning objectives for the session.
Distribution of Presentations
ACRM will make all presentation slides available to conference attendees through the conference app. YOU MUST NOTIFY ACRM IF YOU DO NOT WISH YOUR PRESENTATION TO BE INCLUDED FOR DISTRIBUTION no later than 14 September 2018 by emailing meetings@ACRM.org with the session ID, session title, presenter name, email address and specific direction to exclude specific presentation slides or all slides for the session.
Attendees who access presentations via the app will view them in PDF format. Any notes that you include in your PowerPoint slides will remain private. Presenter notes will not be visible in the PDF attendee versions.
To facilitate a smooth flow of sessions in each meeting room and reduce opportunities for technical difficulties, all presentations will be pre-loaded and ready to run for the start of each session. Your presentation, as submitted to ACRM, will be loaded on the ACRM laptop the evening prior to your presentation. Our aim is to start and end each session on time.
Session Room Set-Up
Each session room will be equipped with a laptop, projector, and screen for your presentation. In addition, there will be a table, three chairs and a podium at the front of the room. With the exception of the large plenary sessions, rooms will not generally include a microphone or sound system for videos.
If you require a microphone, plan to use video with sound or require special accommodations (e.g., ramp, stool), please let us know immediately by emailing email@example.com. Please include your name, session ID and session title. If you have already received confirmation, there is no need to alert us again. Requests for a microphone and audio or video equipment on site will be granted on a first come, first served basis and availability cannot be guaranteed. Please notify us by email no later than 7 September.
Presenter Ready Room
A Presenter Ready Room will be available onsite. Hours will be posted closer to the event. Visit the Presenter Ready Room if you have significant changes to your presentation or would like to test your presentation. If you would like assistance outside of the posted hours, please email Maegan Criscione. You are not required to visit the Presenter Ready Room if you do not have changes.
You will be responsible for introducing yourself and running your presentation. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled beginning of your session to ensure a timely start. Please keep to the allotted timeframe, including time for questions and answers.
- Symposia: 75 minutes
- Oral Presentations: each presenter is allotted 15 minutes to present their paper and answer questions (75-minute session total)
- Instructional Courses: 4 or 8 hours
Handouts are not required and are your responsibility if you choose to provide them. Presentation and poster files will be available through the conference app free of charge to registered attendees.
Using Video in You Session?
If your presentation uses video with sound, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 September 2018 so we can ensure the session room is set up properly. Feel free to visit the Presenter Ready Room to test the presentation and video. You are also welcome to bring your presentation on a USB flash drive or even your own laptop if you are concerned about the video playing properly. If you elect to use your own equipment, you do so at your own risk. ACRM cannot be responsible for technical compatibility issues or proper functioning of your equipment. We highly recommend that you visit the Presenter Ready Room in advance to test your presentation.
As a presenter, you MUST register for the conference through the Presenter Registration portal. We have already created a record for you and pre-qualified you for the best registration rate based on your presenter/membership status.
Keep in mind we do offer a WORLD PASS bundle rate which boasts a tremendous value! Also, you can save even more money by first renewing/purchasing ACRM Membership!
Presenters registering for the core conference will automatically receive a $100 Presenter Discount at checkout. PLEASE NOTE: The Presenter Discount does not apply to single-day registration.
Non-members receive a six-month introductory ACRM membership with conference registration.
In 2018, ACRM is pleased to recognize excellence in rehabilitation research by sponsoring 19 awards for outstanding posters, including:
- ACRM 2018 Outstanding Poster Award
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
- Brain Injury ISIG – Early Career Best Poster Award
- Brain Injury ISIG – David Strauss Memorial Poster Award
- Brain Injury ISIG – Deborah Lee Price Girls & Women with ABI Task Force Poster Award
- Spinal Cord Injury ISIG – Best Poster Award
- Spinal Cord Injury ISIG – Best Early Career Poster Award
- Stroke ISIG – Early Career Poster Award
- Stroke ISIG – Outstanding Scientific Poster Award
- Stroke ISIG – Newsworthy Poster of the Conference
- Cancer Rehabilitation Networking Group – Best Scientific Poster in Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation Networking Group – New Investigator in Cancer Rehabilitation Poster Award
- Complementary, Integrative Rehabilitation Medicine Networking Group – Excellence in Complementary, Integrative Rehabilitation Medicine Poster Award
- Geriatric Rehabilitation Networking Group – Best Early Career Poster in Geriatric Rehabilitation
- International Networking Group – Poster Award
- Measurement Networking Group – Early Career Poster Award
- Measurement Networking Group – Measurement in Action Poster Award
- Measurement Networking Group – Advancing the Science of Measurement Poster Award
- Military & Veteran Affairs Networking Group – Best Poster Award
- Military & Veteran Affairs Networking Group – Best Early Career Poster Award
- Neurodegenerative Diseases Networking Group – Best Poster Award
- Neurodegenerative Diseases Networking Group – Early Career Poster Award
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Networking Group – Poster Award
- Physician and Clinicians Networking Group – Poster Award
To be eligible to participate in the ACRM Poster Award Program, your poster file (PDF or PPT) must be uploaded to the Poster Portal no later than 17 August 2018. Otherwise, the final deadline for uploading your poster file is 14 September.
Abstracts of Oral Presentations and scientific Posters presented at the conference will be published in the electronic pages of Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation—the most cited journal in rehabilitation. Abstracts will be fully indexed, searchable, and citable.
POSTER PREPARATION & DISPLAY
Posters will be assigned to a specific display board by subject matter. Your board assignment will be posted near the entrance to the EXPO Hall. Please be certain to place your poster on the correct board.
Poster display boards are single-sided, landscape format boards measuring 4′ H × 8′ W (122 cm Height x 243 cm Width). Posters may be any size as long they will fit on the poster display board. The suggested size is 42” x 90”. Posters should be mounted on the assigned board using the pushpins provided. Please secure your poster carriers in your hotel room, as this is a public space and ACRM cannot be responsible for items left in the poster area.
POSTER SET-UP & TAKE-DOWN
Poster set-up is Sunday, 30 September from 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Stop at the Poster Check-in Table near the entrance to the display area to learn where your poster should be mounted.
POSTER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE
Poster presenters should be prepared to stand by their poster, present their findings and answer questions from attendees during their assigned presentation time. Schedule notifications are due to poster presenters by 15 June.
One presenter per poster is required. Whenever it’s convenient throughout the conference we encourage poster presenters to staff their poster during networking breaks.
Poster Viewing Hours
SUN, 30 SEP: 6:45 PM – 8:45 PM
MON, 1 OCT: 9:30 AM – 7:30 PM
TUE, 2 OCT: 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
WED, 3 OCT: 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Promote Your Session
No one knows your presentation better than you. That is why ACRM has developed a wide variety of promotional tools to help you inform and invite the professionals who will benefit most by attending.
Check out the ACRM Marketing Toolbox and take your pick of graphics, logos, webpage links, and banner ads. Use them to effectively promote your session at your own institution, to students and mentees, and like-minded colleagues through your professional listservs, email communications, social media and PowerPoint presentations. Take your pick!